I work in an integrative way with a view that there is no single approach that can help each client in all situations, such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship issues, bereavement, pet bereavement. I focus on the person-centred approach, working with you to explore in more depth issues that affect you, in a non-judgemental way.
About my work:
Everyone is unique. Everyone has the ability to change and to grow. A combined approach to psychotherapy enables me to bring together different elements of specific therapies to work in the best way to help you, and offering a space where you feel safe enough to explore aspects of your life that may be causing you concern.
As a professional counsellor, my role is to provide a safe place for you to explore your feelings: providing an outlet for emotions brought up by life events, such as bereavement, or coping with anxiety and depression brought about by the struggle of day-to-day life. Low self-esteem and lack of confidence, can impede personal growth. Counselling is about having someone to talk to you can trust, who is non-judgemental and works with you to understand your world.
I work in an integrative way, bringing together different therapies in a way that is beneficial for you personally.
I believe in a holistic approach to mental and physical health, and have both indoor and outside facilities, with options for outdoor therapy, utilising the healing qualities of being in nature and around animals if this helps you to explore your own true sense of wellbeing.
Counselling supports the other areas of my work, namely reiki, exercise, nature and equine therapy, as well as a professional riding coach.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and am subject to its Professional Conduct Procedure.
What I can offer:
- Individual Counselling
- Combination therapy (Counselling/Reiki)
- Equine Therapy
- Outdoor Therapy
- Mindfulness (group sessions available)
- Meditation (group sessions available)
- Home visits available if leaving your home is challenging
My qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (currently studying)
- Wiltshire Mind (one-to-one counselling)
- Anorexia & Bulimia Care (befriender)
- Exercise Teacher (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Reiki Master (UK Reiki Federation)
- Registered Equestrian Coach (British Horse Society)
- Mindfulness and Meditation Course (Wiltshire College)
- Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling (CPD)
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Therapy/Learning Certificate
What I charge:
£40 per 50 minute session one-to-one.
I charge the same price for counselling, reiki, meditation and mindfulness to allow for a combination of these in a session if appropriate.
Group meditation/mindfulness work. Contact me for details.
Home visits – Contact me for details.
Claire Ballardie Dip.Couns. MBACP